Sunday, March 19, 2006

VERY FIRST Rejection Response - Should I be totally Happy?

I just got this rejection for a partial that was requested, from an agent, whom I hold in high esteem.

Now, keep in mind... I have seriously queried only one agent.

(My very first, and only other query was a blundering mistake that I wish I could sweep under the carpet and forget about - so we shall just pretend it never happened.... LOL!)

Some of you have had rejections before. Is this a canned response... OR - is this a response that should give me hope?

Any and all answers will be read.

AND IN NO WAY DO I THINK BADLY OF THE AGENT WHO RESPONDED WITH THIS. I WOULD MOST CERTAINLY CONSIDER THEM AGAIN.

*Me, I'm trying very hard to believe that this means - "yah dahlin' you're writing was good - just not something I can work with, with who I know... but hurry up and get it to another agent, because I think they might like it" *

And drum roll puhlease....

After a careful reading, I'm sorry to say that I don't believe I am the right agent for you.

You deserve an enthusiastic representative, so I recommend that you pursue other agents. After all, it just takes one "yes" and with so many different opinions out there, you could easily find the right match.



Well? Anyone?

:P